Should You Get Your Real Estate License in 2018? (Or 16.5 Ways To Earn $$ in the Real Estate World This Year)
You may be wondering how Real Estate sales are going in our area.
The statistics are showing us that the number of consumers making their moves has dramatically increased this year. Realtors are busy in a way that we haven’t been for years!
The next semester at The South Jersey Real Estate Academy will begin the Wednesday after Labor Day. So, it has me thinking about the many ways one can earn money with a Real Estate license now-a-days.
Here is my unofficial list of 16.5 Ways To Earn $$ in the Real Estate World This Year:
1) List properties
2) Represent buyers
3) Auction properties
4) Work as a referral agent. Prospect for leads and refer away!
5) Become an expert witness
6) Complete Broker’s Price Opinions (BPO’s)
7) Work as a Real Estate consultant
8) Work as a property manager
9) Specialize in new construction – work for a builder
10) Obtain a Broker’s license (after 3 yrs. of full time Real Estate Sales) and manage an office
11) Better yet…become a Broker in order to own your own office!
12) Become a trainer/coach/speaker/instructor/coach
13) Consider working as a short-sale negotiator for an attorney’s office or a bank
14) Look for staff positions for the corporate offices of one of the big brands. For instance, Realogy (parent company of Coldwell Banker, ERA, C21 and Sothebys) is in Parsippany, NJ
15) Specialize as a commercial agent
16) Manage commercial rentals
and 16.5) Look for a parallel business to fit hand-in-hand with your Real Estate career. One suggestion that appears to work quite nicely for agents is to branch out into Real Estate investments and become either a landlord or a ‘flipper’.
“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
~ Milton Berle